Saturday, June 9, 2007

Just Another Saturday

As is often the case when I tell myself to start blogging or journaling again, I find myself at a loss. I have absolutely nothing I think is worth saying. And even though I have strong opinions on the whole "Paris Hilton in jail" thing, I refuse to stoop so low as to dedicate a post to them, just so I have some content. So I guess I'll just write about my mundane day. Maybe that will spark some other thoughts.

After my normal Saturday-morning workout, I came home and watched a little TV, plus spent a lot of time online playing in Flickr and YouTube. Took a nap for over an hour, then took Bijou to visit my parents. This made them happy, and it gave me a chance to show my dad how to use the new Flickr account I created for my dad, so he doesn't have to make comments from mine anymore. Then went grocery shopping and came back home. Despite my best efforts to watch TV and relax, I kept finding myself drawn back to the computer. I seem to be searching for a way to integrate my pictures, video and blog(s) into a cohesive unit, plus I am trying to think of what the hell to add to them. I did take Bijou out for a run before coming online, and I captured some video and pictures of it that I have yet to post.

Speaking of blogs, in an effort to find a blogging site/engine that most appeals to me, I signed up for accounts last night with WordPress and Vox, in addition to the LJ and Blogger accounts I already have. Since Vox is owned by the same company as LJ, but is a bit simpler and has some cool sidebar modules, I thought I might like it better than LJ. But a big drawback is the complete inability (at least no ability that I could fine) to customize the overall look and feel beyond applying one of their templates. Granted, there were many of them, but not being able to use CSS (once I learn how) was a deal-breaker. So was the limit on template width, which caused some of my pictures blogged from Flickr to get cut off on the right. Also, there are no paid Vox accounts, which means ads show up on all blogs. BAD! Do not want! So the Vox account was history 15 minutes after I created it. I still have WordPress and Blogger, but I haven't posted to either yet. WordPress may or may not have the ability to hide individual posts from anyone but myself. If not, it will be axed as well. Also need to see what Blogger can do. Maybe I'll use all three, and have different themes for each (ambitious, no?).
On a wholly different note, I love, love, LOVE these commercials from





No comments: