Saturday, June 16, 2007

Food nostalgia

Food Sticks. Breakfast Bars. Freakies Cereal. All parts of my childhood in the 1970's that were mostly forgotten, but every now and then popped into my head. Now, courtesy of the Intarweb and brilliant people, I can at least look at them every day, even if I'll never taste them again.

Pillsbury Food Sticks:


Carnation Breakfast Bars:

Carnation Breakfast Bars box
Originally uploaded by grickily.
I could not get enough of these back in grade school and junior high!


Freakies and Cinnamon Crunch Cereals:

Nobody seems to remember these but me. :o(

With thanks to Dan Goodsell and his site The Imaginary World (also, his blog) for providing these images and allowing me to become 10 years old again.

3 comments:

ninjapoodles said...

"FOOD STICKS?" What in the--I do NOT remember a product called "food sticks!" What were they?

Caniche_Noir said...

They were kind of textured like softer Tootsie Rolls, and they were supposed to be what the astronauths took into space. In fact, their original name was Space Food Sticks. You can buy a new version of them online at http://www.spacefoodsticks.com/spacefood/index.html

Caniche_Noir said...

Oh, and thanks for stopping by and being the first person to post a comment on my (all-too-infrequently updated) blog! :o)